|2006-2007||Associate consultant, Neuro Clinic and St. Isabel Hospital, Mylapore, Chennai. India.|
|2007-2008||Consultant Neurosurgeon, Apollo KH hospital, Ranipet-Vellore Byepass road, Vellore dist. India.|
|2008-2010||Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery. Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Porur, Chennai. India.|
|2010-2012||Fellowship in Endovascular Neurosurgery, Hyman Newman Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Surgeons and Physicians.New York, NY 10019. USA.|
|2012-2014||Assistant Professor and Neuroendovascular surgeonHyman Newman Institue of Neurology and Neurosurgery, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital,New York, NY 10029.|
|2014-2016||Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery, Cerebrovascular surgery Program, Department of Neurosurgery, Mount Sinai Hospital,New York, NY 10029.|
|2016 – Current||Adjunct Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery, Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029.|
- MRCS Ed., – Member of Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh. United Kingdom. Reference NO: 56339
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association
- Life Member of Neurological Society of India. Register No: PNS 120
- Senior Member of society of Neurointerventional surgery.
- Member of Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology.
- Member of World Federation of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology.
- Member of Congress of Neurological surgeons.
Awards and Achievements
- Expert and Independent Reviewer for Peer review Journal:
- Neurosurgical Review.
- Journal of Neurointerventional surgery.
- British Medical Journal – Case reports.
- Surgical Neurology International.
- Turkish Neurosurgery.
- Journal of Neuroradiology.
- World Journal of Clinical cases.
- Journal of Neurosciences? in Rural Practice
- Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry
- Editorial Board Member:
- Journal of Craniomaxillary diseases.
- World Journal of Clinical Case Conference.
- Austin Journal of Cerebrovascular disease and Stroke.
Research and Publications
- Occlusion of Posterior Fossa Venous sinuses in Vein of Galen Malformations.A. Berenstein, N. Toma, Y. Niimi, S. Paramasivam. Accepted for publication at American Journal of Neuroradiology 2016.
- The Impact of Evidence and Action: Evolving Therapy for Acute Stroke in a large Health care system.Justin Mascitelli, Natalie Wilson, HazemShoriah, Reade A. Deleacy, Sunil V. Furtado, SrinivasanParamasivam, Eric K. Oermann, William J. Mack, Stanley Tuhrim, Neha S. Dangayach, Stephan A. Mayer, Joshua B. Bederson, J Mocco, Johanna T. Fifi. Accepted: Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery.
- Endovascular Management of Sigmoid Sinus diverticulum.SrinivasanParamasivam, Sunil Furtado, TomoyashiShigamatsu, Eric Smouha. Accepted in Interventional Neurology.
- Oral Surgical Procedures Performed safely in Patients with Head and Neck Arteriovenous Malformations: A retrospective case series of 12 patients.Karim AB, Paramasivam S, Bovino B, Berenstein A. Journal of Oral Maxillofacial surgery. 2015 October 23. Pii:S0278-2391(15)01412-3. PMID: 26549473
- Current Trends in the Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke.SrinivasanParamasivam. Neurology India 2015; 63; 665-72
- Predictors of success following endovascular retreatment of intracranial aneurysms.Justin R. Mascitelli, Eric K. Oermann, J Mocco, Johanna Fifi,SrinivasanParamasivam, Aman B. Patel Interventional Neuroradiology 2015 August;21(4):426-32. PMID: 26092439
- Association of a Distal, Intradural-Extracranial PICA Aneurysm with Chiari 1 Malformation